Friday, May 18, 2007

No Fear

Yesterday I took my mother shopping. She was unable to use the escalator and the elevator was out of order. A sales clerk suggested we use their "stock elevator". As the cage gates came down and the stock elevator began to rise, I watched the brick wall slowly moving in front of me and began to feel a little uncomfortable. I had been locked in a toy chest by a cousin when I was little and have worked really hard since 2005 memorizing Scripture so that I'm not troubled by normal elevators. Yesterday, however, for some reason seeing the wall moving made me even more aware of being trapped. I reminded myself that God was with me, that I did not need to fear, and I talked with my mother to keep my mind occupied. My heart did not race. I didn't become breathless. And I thanked God as we stepped off. Of course, after shopping we had to ride down again, but I did not have a problem. God is so good. He never leaves me nor forsakes me. How I love the way He remains faithful.

2 comments:

CrownLaidDown said...

Amen, Sister! Your testimony alone made me cry...press on Mighty Warrier.

I love to see His chosen ones acting like it. Praying for your continued joy in the journey.

Love in Him,
Holly

Emmy : ) said...

I love your blog! I am right there with you! Even though we have never met I can feel EXACTLY what you are talking about! I can't stand elevators either! I was in an elevator accident in 1985 I was in an old elevator with too many people and it dropped 6 floors! I still sweat and am miserable in an elevator...I would rather walk 20 stories than face the fear...it isn't the elevator as much as the fear...You have really spoken to me in this area! Thanks! : ) Emmy