Monday, May 21, 2007

On the Other Side

I believe that I can say with all honesty that I am glad God allowed me to experience all that I have experienced because, now that I am on the other side, I can see how my faith has been tested and proved genuine. I know so many truths now, where before "the day of my disaster", I had many, many doubts. I just praise God that He not only brought me through the darkness, He also changed me so that I would no longer live daily in doubt and insecurity. Today I know I'm really saved and God really does love me. The Bible really is true and really does speak to our hearts. If you seek God with all your heart, you really will find Him. If you focus on Jesus instead of your trials, you really can have peace. The battle really is in the mind, just like Paul and Peter said. Your mind really can be renewed by reading God's Word. The Lord really is my Shepherd. I do know His voice, and He really does know my name, just like Jesus said.

It's all true. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He literally rebuilt me from the inside out. And is still molding and making me after His will. Isn't it funny how it takes hardship and sorrow and desperation before we will finally bow down and earnestly seek our Father through His Son--the One who holds the key to abundant living?

2 comments:

CrownLaidDown said...

Thank you for reminding me of that verse in Isaiah. I was just thinking I need to go to the MRI armed with some verses to go over in my mind. That's the area, I'm going to work on and memorize before then! Thanks Joni!
Blessings right back to you Sister!
God is good, isn't He?
Love in Him,
Holly

blackpurl said...

Joni,
Thank you so much for choosing to share your journey!

Alida