Saturday, August 11, 2007

Plunder

I am filled with such peace and joy and love right now, I don't know what to do with myself. I just finished Day 3 of the last week of Breaking Free and am rejoicing in the knowledge of the plunder that God allowed me to take with me when I left my "Egypt", my land of captivity--my land of panic disorder, depression, and low self-esteem. Listing the plunder given me out of that terrible place of captivity has brought home to me anew the power and the grace and the love of God for me. Me! Who was the least in my family. Satan tried to make me think my life was not worth living. He tried to destroy my mind and my soul. But I cried out to my Deliverer and He saved me. He swooped down from on high and He rescued me. And my plunder? Bookoos of memorized Scripture so I can't be taken captive again, a heightened awareness of how precious I am to my Father, a tenacity to hold onto Jesus and keep Him as the focus of my life, a faith in God that I never dreamed I could have, an assurance of my salvation that no one can ever take away from me, a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair! Oh, how I love my Jesus!!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Precious sister.

I praise our Mighty Redeemer with you!

Joni said...

Thank you, Shelly,
I am so grateful to God for His rescuing me and to my Saviour whose sacrifice made it possible for me to be rescued!

CrownLaidDown said...

Amen. I pray that the plunder you take will be thousands of times more than what the devil has taken from you. Then I pray that each and every victory will be crowns at His feet. Glory!

Praying for you, Joni....God is making you so strong in Him.
Love,
Holly

Mommy Dot Com said...

I had to commit on this one too. Praise the Lord for the fire He has deposited inside of you! Fan it sister and fan it in others.
So blessed,
Kara