Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Love of God


"When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' Your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:18-19 (NIV)

If you look carefully at this carpenter bee clinging to a portulaca blossom, you will notice its doing the best it can to hang on. I can relate. During depression, agoraphobia, and panic, I felt the feet of my mind slipping from reality. I clung desperately to God and His Word. I had no other anchor. And He was faithful even though I had not been faithful in my walk with Him. It was the knowledge of His unfailing love for me that gave me confidence to turn to Jesus for help. I ran to Him and His love supported me. I prayed and found consolation for my soul. I read His Truth about who I was in Christ and my heart filled with joy. I discovered firsthand that when you’re barely hanging onto the petals of life, you can turn to God. His love is unconditional, unfailing, and it is available for everyone. Praise His Name!

No comments: