Friday, July 11, 2008

Grace Alone

This song speaks to my heart. And the tune is beautiful to me. Read the words and let them sink into your soul. The grace of God is so awesome, it's indescribable. It seems especially so right now--at this moment and time in my life.

Grace Alone

Words and Music by Scott Wesley Brown, Jeff Nelson
Lyrics found on: http://www.completealbumlyrics.com


Every promise we can make,
Every prayer and step of faith,
Every difference we can make
Is only by His grace.
Every mountain we will climb,
Every ray of hope we shine,
Eyery blessing left behind
Is only by His grace.

(chorus)
Grace alone which God supplies,
Strengh unknown He will provide,
Christ in us, Our cornerstone,
We will go forth in grace alone.

Every soul we long to reach,
Every heart we hope to teach,
Everywhere we share His peace
Is only by His grace.
Every loving word we say,
Every tear we wipe away,
Every sorrow turned to praise
Is only by His grace.

(chorus)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, beautiful, song. I love it each time we sing it in our church service. I love playing it also. but the words are so touching. It must be done at my funeral service. Thank you.

ann gloria said...

hi there!
this song, its so beautiful. and is in a long way responsible for lifting up my spirit. You see, i am right now in a huge mess; unemployed, in a huge mountain of debt and in a place where i cannot see even the slightest shimmer of a silver lining. and in the midst of it all, when i'm absolutely clueless as to what to do, this song gave me this unexplained peace and brought this smile to my face after a very long time. thank you ever so much. God bless!!

Joni said...

Praying that God will provide for you, ann, and do a marvelous work in your life. He is your Good Shepherd. You can lean on Him and trust Him in all things. As the psalmist David said, "Who else do I have in heaven besides you?"