Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gracious and Compassionate

"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for Him! How gracious He will be when you cry for help! As soon as He hears, He will answer you." (Isaiah 30:18,19)

How I love my Lord Jesus! No one treats me the way He does. No one is so kind and gentle to me as He. And no one can save me like He can. I've really been praying and seeking the Lord these past few weeks. Several things have been going on in my life that have left me feeling drained and hammered. I know and recognize that this is the enemy at work. But God is faithful and has not abandoned me. I find it so amazing that He can put His thoughts and His words into my mind before I ever open the Bible or go to church, and then those very words and thoughts are repeated as I read in my quiet time that morning or as I listen to my pastor on Sundays. This has been happening more and more lately. The message that is being repeated this week has to do with letting God satisfy the longings and desires of my soul. Coming to God's table and letting my soul feast on the richest of food--no matter what else is going on in my life. I've been trying to do this, and this morning I sang with all my heart, "Our God reigns" over and over. I surprised myself at my joy and confidence. I didn't even know that I had energy to sing. It just came out from the depths of my heart. My problems haven't left, but my attitude has changed.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."

1 comment:

Jill said...

AMEN Joni!!!!

that is Awesome!!!!
Praying for you :)

there is no love like the love of Jesus!!!

hugs and prayers
Jill