Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Annointed, Transformed, Redeemed Bible Study

We had our third session this morning for our Fall Bible study, Annointed, Transformed, Redeemed by Priscilla Shirer, Beth Moore, and Kay Arthur. Priscilla taught the first 2 sessions on video and they were awesome. But this morning it was Beth's turn, and all I can say is--Man! Intense! I was worn out when it ended! I could hear and see and sense the effect of the Holy Spirit's power on her. No human being can possibly produce such energy alone. It reminded me of something she had said before and I've heard others say it since--that we should pour ourselves out like a drink offering and hold nothing back in our service to God. Well, Beth had a "word" to deliver, and I don't believe she held anything back today. I can't wait until next week!

For those who may not be familiar with this study, the video portions were filmed at the 2007 Deeper Still event.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're just starting up Anointed, Transformed and Redeemed. Working ahead, noticed a possible "typo" on question #10 on page 27. 2 Corinthians 2:3-5 doesn't appear to be the right referrence verse. The blanks are easy enough to fill in but did anyone come up with the correct scripture reference? Angie

Joni said...

Seems like I remember there were one or two mistakes in that study. We figured it was "1 Corin. 2:3-5" instead of 2 Corin. 2:35. I have "by God's power I have been made strong. As His workmanship, my main purpose is to do the good things He planned."