Sunday, October 19, 2008

God is Love

I attended Nancy's funeral yesterday morning and was so thankful for the words our pastor spoke. He compared our friend to the Proverbs 31 woman and also to Deborah in Judges. He said "Deborah" meant honeybee and that the name would've fit Nancy because everywhere she went she brought the sweetness of Christ. It was so true.

God has blessed me today with wonderful thoughts of how much He loves us and cares for us. And how pleased He is with us when we turn our problems and concerns over to Him. Thursday I had looked out my bedroom window up into the sky and with tears, I asked God to encourage me. Saturday night I read Beth Moore's blog at Living Proof Ministries blogspot, and it was as if the words leaped off the screen and into my heart. They made me cry. And then, I remembered the prayer I had prayed and realized God was answering that prayer, and I cried harder.

God is so near. Nearer than we can imagine. If we'd just take the time to talk to Him.

No comments: