Monday, October 20, 2008

My Weaknesses

I was reminded again this morning that the Lord allowed my past experiences and the development of my introverted personality for many reasons, most of them unknown to me. But it is becomer clearer and clearer that because I am who I am, Christ is able to make Himself known to me in very personal, intimate ways. My particular faults and weaknesses enable me to tap into the power of Jesus whenever I turn them over to Him. So that I can say with Paul—I glory in my infirmities because when I am weak, then I am strong.

Every negative thought, every anxious moment, is a reminder to me at that exact second that I’m not walking in the Spirit and that I need to let Christ take over. And when I stop and stand still and remember that I’m a child of God and ask Christ to make Himself strong in me, I’m allowing His Spirit to rise up and take over—take authority—and I am strengthened as I stand firm in His love for me and sense His peace returning. I don’t know if God will ever completely take away my insecurities, but until He does, it helps me to know that it’s because of my insecurities and introverted personality that I’m clinging firmly to Him. He helps me walk and live outside my comfort zone and that blesses me and helps me realize just how much He loves me. I don’t know if that makes sense to anyone else out there or not, but it makes a heap of sense to me.

3 comments:

Jill said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

that totally makes sense to me :)

love you!
jill

cherrilynn said...

Hi Joni, I understand where you are coming from. I too suffer daily! I am prone to depression. I am in the word, quoting scripture out loud and singing Praises to our King. Maybe that is our thorne in the flesh. I am an extrovert and love to speak to women about freedom in Christ. I still feel very inadequate. I believe that this is good because now WE KNOW that only throught the power of the most Holy Spirit can we accomplish anything that is pleasing to God. Our sufficiency is in Christ alone.
You write beautifully. I am very encouraged and blessed by your writing. Myself, I can never shut up. I would scream from the mountain tops that the only way to freedom is is Christ Jesus. Isn't is awesome how our great God uses different personalities to do His work. What an awesome blessing to be used of God.
I am praying for the loved ones of your friend Nancy. I know that you are filled with joy that she is with her Jesus However, you still miss her. I liken it a dear one going away on a long trip to a far away place. You know that you will see them again but you cry when they leave.
May our great God bless you as you serve Him in your bible studies and your blogs. I will keep you in my prayers! You are a blessing!

Joni said...

Hi, cherrilynn, Thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry to hear that you struggle with depression, but I'm glad to hear you're praying God's Word, singing Him praises, and living out your faith. Like Moses, David, Jeremiah, and Job (to name a few in the Bible), and also Charles Spurgeon--all of whom suffered from depression, our hope and trust is in the LORD come what may. "Though He slay me, yet will I praise Him!"