Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Shining Light

"The path of the just is as the shining light that shineth more and more unto the perfect day." Proverbs 4:18

I want God, my Father, to make my path shine. I want the light of my path to be strong so I will stay on it and not veer to the right or to the left. I am weak and not strong enough to find my path and stick to my path on my own. My will is stubborn and when things happen that I don't think should happen, I have a hard time reconciling my will to God's will. I need help walking by faith and not by sight. Sometimes my path seems hidden, and I have to search desperately for it all over again. I have to fight down fears that maybe He's forgotten all about me. Maybe I've done something wrong and He is angry with me. Maybe I've really blown it this time!

But when that happens, my Lord encourages me. “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.” (Psalm 32:8) "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5) "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Ro. 8:38-39)

I'm depending on Jesus instead of on myself. He is in all and in Him all things are holding together. I can't trust my feelings, my viewpoint, my will. I can only trust in my God Who is perfect, good, strong, and loving toward all He has made.

"The path of the just is as the shining light that shineth more and more unto the perfect day."

Keep me on that path, Oh, Lord! Keep me on it, my Father, my Savior, my King!

No comments: