Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Matthew 1:22-25

"All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said...." (Mt. 1:22)

As I read this, I wondered what "all" encompassed. Just the events leading up to Jesus' birth, or did it include all the turmoil, the heartache Joseph went through when first discovering his betrothed was pregnant? Did it include the anxiety of all concerned?

If "all" includes every single thought and emotion Joseph and Mary and others may have had, then according to Scripture, God had it all planned out and ordained beforehand and had already arranged for everything to turn out for the good and for His glory.

It seems I'm going through one crisis after another these days. I've been seeking God's guidance, and I'm having to wait on Him. (Something I don't do well.) So I find hope in those words, "All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said...." No matter what trials, heartaches, pain, mistakes, crises occur in my life, God has foreseen "all" and has arranged for everything to work out according to His plan. Nothing I go through will be in vain if I lean on Him. But I also must continue to obey His Word, based on verse 24--"When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord commanded him...."

The most important command, according to Scripture, is that I love God with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind, and all my strength. If I focus on actively obeying this command, I know I will obey all the others.


Dear Lord God, my Father in heaven, help me to trust You and obey You. You've spoken words over my life, and all will take place to fulfill what You have said. Help me trust You and cling to You while I wait for You to move on my behalf. Help me to believe all will turn out according to Your good, pleasing, and perfect will. Thank you, Lord, for loving me so much that You have allowed this season in my life...for my good and for Your glory. In the precious Name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments: