Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wonderful Verses

Back in January, I joined over 1,000 women who agreed to memorize a Scripture verse or passage every 2 weeks during 2009. The challenge was given by Beth Moore on her blog, and we post our entries on the 1st and 15th of every month. I've finally memorized the passage Psalm 118:5-7, and the words have just sunk into my heart and mind so that I am thrilled whenever I say them out loud. I have soooo been there, and I feel blessed to say that I could've written these words. The psalmist, David, and I know all about depression, fear, and despair. I thought these would be encouraging for some of you who've been there, too.

"In my anguish I cried to the LORD and He answered me by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The LORD is with me; He is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies." (NIV)

The more I repeat these words out loud, the more I feel the Truth of them in my spirit. I will look in triumph on my enemies!

No comments: