Friday, August 28, 2009

Beth Moore's Living Proof Live Simulcast

Just walked in from attending my very first LPL event by Simulcast. Finally, I was able to find out what one of these things is like—I did feel like I was there because of the other 160+ women in the room with me. There is something awesome and at the same time, humbling hearing that many women’s voices lifted up to God in praise and worship. If ever I wanted to be a sanguine, tonight was the night. I gripped my fingers and sang, all the while wanting to raise my hands. I know one day I will feel free enough to lift them to heaven in true worship and adoration no matter who is around. Maybe it will be tomorrow! I can’t wait to go back and hear more. Beth’s teaching was on target for me. Isn’t our God amazing? I wasn’t even supposed to be there. I had plans (made since June) to spend this weekend out of town with family, but I was sick earlier in the week and canceled my plans. Then I just happened to check Beth Moore’s blog Wednesday, clicked on the Lifeway link that was posted to see where the Living Proof Live Simulcasts would be held, and lo and behold, one was being held just 5 minutes from my house. Normally, I wouldn’t have gone by myself, but I’ve been asking for God to speak, and I just knew I needed to go. I’ve been asking Him to teach me how to praise Him in the midst of some very difficult trials, and that is exactly what Beth’s teaching on! If I had not clicked on that link in her blog, I would’ve missed this awesome opportunity to hear how I can delight myself in God even though my circumstances are difficult. I learned tonight that even though He hasn’t resolved these conflicts, that doesn’t mean He isn’t working, or that He doesn’t see my tears or feel my pain. I’ve been greatly encouraged tonight, and I can’t wait to go back tomorrow. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you were there! I was there too, only the message was for me, at least that is how I felt. How did she know what I needed to hear this weekend?? I hadn't planned to go, and also went by myself!