Saturday, August 8, 2009

Notes for Me, Myself & Lies, Week 2

1. I let scriptural principles guide me as I examine the contents of my thought closet and expose faulty assumptions--lies I've told myself and believed in. Hebrews 4:12 "His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon's scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey." (The Message)

2. With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, I can trace the roots of unforgiveness, the tyranny of the approval & disapproval of others, hypersensitivity, anger, or fear, which reveals the fruit of my negative self-talk. God heals those areas through prayer, exposure to His Word, and if needed, sound godly counsel from a professional therapist or counselor.

3. As I let God's love and His Word clothe my heart and my mind, I will be purified, which keeps me from being double-minded. (James 4:8) When the person I am on the outside is who I am on the inside, I am integrated. I am free. (Galatians 5:1) My self-talk is "for" me and not against me.

No comments: