Friday, August 21, 2009

Real Faith

This devotional came in my email and I thought I'd share it with you:

Paul wrote, "Now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known."

I Corinthians 13:12

We may not be able to see what lies ahead of us now, but with the passing of time God will reveal His will for our lives. Just as He provides for us in the present, He will continue to do so in the future. When fear and uncertainty unsettles us, we can trust our God who lovingly holds us and the future in strong hands. He is always there to guide and strengthen us. We can't see what lies ahead, but we have the assurance that God is with us on the journey.

Reminds me of what Psalm 118 says: "God is with me. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? God is with me. He is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies."

No comments: