Monday, August 3, 2009

Spurgeon On Psalm 68:19

"Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits, The God of our salvation!" Psalm 68:19 (NKJV)

"Do you see that the Lord's promises have many fulfillments? They are waiting now to pour their treasures into the lap of those who pray. God is willing to repeat the biographies of His saints in us. He is waiting to be gracious and to load us with His benefits. Does this not lift prayer up to a high level?" Charles Spurgeon, Spurgeon on Prayer and Spiritual Warfare

According to Oswald Chambers in My Utmost for His Highest, God wants to make a holy experiment out of us, and His experiments always succeed. I've told God I want to be a holy experiment. I have no idea what it means, but I know that I will be blessed beyond measure if I will be obedient and trust Him. How I long to love Him with all of my heart, all of my soul, all of my mind, and all of my strength--just like He desires for me to do. Then I will be bold and confident, the person He meant me to be, and I will be able to live the life He planned for me. A good life, an abundant life in Christ, that my joy may be full. Make it so, Lord Jesus! Amen!

No comments: