Monday, September 21, 2009

Be Blessed!

"But let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread Your protection over them, that those who love Your Name may rejoice in You. For surely, O LORD, You bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favor as with a shield." Ps. 5:11-12 (NIV)

I took refuge in my God this weekend. I drove my husband and I to see our son and daughter-in-law, who live about 2 hours away. I prayed out loud in the car with my husband before we left, something I had never thought to do before (always been too nervous), but I have been taking refuge in God for the past few weeks, and it felt the natural thing to do. We had little traffic and listened to Christian music on the way, and we were there before I knew it. Picturing God going ahead of us in a pillar of cloud helped me, and I also used Garmin to keep us on the right roads. Garmin directed us right to the door of my son's new home.

The house was lovely. I felt so proud of my son for the life he had made for himself and for the way he treated his sweet wife. It was almost like going back in time and seeing my husband and I when we were just starting out.

I had brought my Bible and Sunday morning, although I woke up late, I read a few chapters. I didn't want anything to disrupt my quiet time commitment. However, I found myself distracted by the new environment, plus the fact that everyone was already in the kitchen for breakfast, and I needed to hurry. One day I want to be able to be so focused on the Lord that I can worship Him anywhere and at any time.

Our visit was great and the ride home was just as easy as the ride up had been. I praise the Lord with joy and am so grateful for His protection and faithfulness. In my weakness, He blesses me and shows me His strength!

I pray you are blessed today. Remember you are surrounded with His favor as with a shield when you take refuge in the Lord.

No comments: