Monday, November 2, 2009

God is Our Strength

"You guide me with your advice,and later you will receive me in honor. I have no one in heaven but you; I want nothing on earth besides you. My body and my mind may become weak, but God is my strength. He is mine forever." Ps 73:24-26 (NCV)

What life boils down to is our relationship with God. Everything is affected by it. Whether we realize it in our hearts or not, God is the reason we are alive. He created us, formed us, knew us before we were born. Consider these verses (all in NIV):

"This is what God the LORD says— he who created the heavens and stretched them out,
who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it:" Isaiah 42:5

"But it is the spirit in a man, the breath of the Almighty, that gives him understanding." Job 32:8

"The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33:4

"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live." Acts 17:24-26

It's all about God and His sustaining love and power. We have no one else on our side. We have no one else in heaven or on earth. God is our life, our strength, our shield. He is our portion, our hope of glory! Out of His great love for us, He gives us exactly what we need when we need it. Praise you, Lord! Reign forever! Be Lord over our lives! Be our God forever!

"You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my Servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before me no God was formed, nor will there be one after me." Isaiah 43:10

No comments: