Monday, December 28, 2009

Experiencing God

About the middle of October I began having pain and stiffness in my neck and right shoulder. It's caused me to have to use my left hand to work the computer mouse and also to cut down on my computer time. Because this pain has lasted for so long, I had my shoulder xrayed, but nothing showed up. We think now it's probably arthritis in my neck. I've been seeking God more because of this pain, trying to find out His will for me. A few weeks ago, I began the book, Experiencing God by Henry & Richard Blackaby and Claude King, and after the first few days of reading, I began to sense a strong feeling of peace and contentment well up in me. It felt so wonderful, I didn't want to leave my room. I just stayed and worshiped God and thanked Him for the fruit of the Spirit that He was bearing in me. Since then, every morning during my quiet time, I sense that peace. I feel more in tune with my Father--more in step with Him. Our God is so real, and He gives us so much. We have a gracious God who loves us and desires intimate fellowship with each one of us. I'm grateful for the pain in my neck because it made me stop and focus more on God and less on "doing" for God. I've come to realize that nothing is more important than my love relationship with my Father and Lord. If you have not read the book, Experiencing God, I highly recommend it.

No comments: