Tuesday, December 1, 2009

This Christmas Season

"You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning, my God turns my darkness into light." Ps. 18:28

No matter how dark things may get, when I think of God and turn to Him, my darkness becomes brighter. No circumstance is so grim that it darkens my hope in my God, in His love, and in the deep-seated joy He has placed in my heart of His salvation. I know God loves me and cares for me. And not for me only but for us all.

In this coming Christmas season, may we remember the joy that the birth of Jesus brings to every heart who knows Him. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given." (Isaiah 9:6) The birth of Jesus is Christmas, and the joy of our salvation puts the "Merry" in it. I hope you will join me in a commitment to rejoice in God and in the Gift of our Saviour, no matter what our circumstances may be. We will be blessed and our faith credited as righteousness. (Romans 4:20-25)

"...and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

May Jesus be to you all of this and more this Christmas.

No comments: