Friday, February 5, 2010

In the Morning

Psalm 143:8 Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul. (NIV)

I need to know God’s love for me first thing every morning. I need that assurance. I need to know I am His child every day. The world can be harsh, cruel, relentless. My childlike faith is my shield against its torrents. My confidence in who I am in Christ helps me weather life’s storms. So I come before God as His daughter and kneel to ask for the blessing of His love and His Presence made alive in me. Then I will know and heed His guidance for I have professed my trust in Him and opened my soul to His leading.

“Day is breaking, night is quaking, God is making all things new.” (Jesus Saves Live cd, by Travis Cottrell)

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Love that Scripture verse and the quote from Travis.

Amen, Amen