Monday, March 15, 2010

The Mighty Power of God

Received this email devotional this morning and had to share it because I've experienced this one--living my life thinking it was all up to me and then experiencing the mighty power of God on my behalf. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

"They did not conquer by their own strength and skill, but by your mighty power and because you smiled upon them and favored them.” Psalm 44:3

Sometimes we think we have to handle everything ourselves. And many times it’s just too hard – even impossible sometimes. Call on God and ask Him to use His mighty strength on your behalf. Be strong in the Lord and know that He is with you always…no matter what the “impossible” task is before you.

I'd like to add what Jeremiah said to God in Jeremiah 32:17: "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." And what God said in Jeremiah 33:3: "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." God offers us so much in return for our love, obedience, and worship. Why wouldn't we give Him our all? That's what I'm concentrating on at this point in my journey--giving Him my all because He has given me my salvation--freedom in Christ--and so much more! The enemy has already tried to make me feel like a failure, but I'm not buying into it. God knows my heart. I may not follow Him perfectly, but I continue to follow! Glory to God!

No comments: