Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tuesday Bible Study

Woke up after midnight with Chris Tomlin’s song, Glory in the Highest, singing in my brain. I love it when that happens. I think it means my subconscious is happy.

But on to my post…Had a wonderful Tuesday Bible study time yesterday. Beth’s teaching was about the woman at the well in John, chapter 4. She wondered what in the world drove this woman to have had 5 husbands and then to be living with one who was not her husband when she met Jesus. Fear of being alone? Maybe feeling she wasn’t a real woman unless a man was around to validate her? Maybe she kept being drawn to the same type of man who was really no good for her, or perhaps trying to find a human savior and none of them measured up? In the end, she met the One and Only, her true Savior, and ran to tell the rest of the village about Him. Her life changed in that one encounter and she would never be the same. I know what that feels like….joy indescribable.

“Glory in the Highest! Glory in the Highest! Glory in the Highest, to you, Lord! To you, Lord!”

No comments: