Friday, May 28, 2010

Zephaniah 3:17

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)

I read these verses this morning, and meditated on the fact that God quiets us with His love and sings over us. I remembered when my boys were just babies, and how I would rock them and sing to them when they cried. Sometimes I would just pick them up when they weren't crying because I loved them so much. Whenever I rocked them, I sang hymns because they were the most soothing songs I knew. My most favorites to sing to my boys were It Is Well With My Soul and Jesus Loves Me.

If you are feeling alone, weary, or unloved today, let God quiet you with His love as a mother or father might quiet an infant by rocking him. Hear Him singing over you,

Jesus loves you, this you know
for the Bible tells you so.
Little ones to Him belong,
you are weak, but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves you.
Yes, Jesus loves you.
Yes, Jesus loves you.
the Bible tells you so.


"I thought that I was all alone, broken and afraid,
But You are here with me; yes, You are here with me."
(Mountain of God, Third Day)

1 comment:

kylie said...

Once again, you posted exactly what I needed...thank you!!!