Saturday, July 17, 2010

Prayer Requests

This morning I read Psalms 126:5-6 "Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with him."

During my period of panic and depression, I reached out to God. After crying out to Him, I joined a Bible study. As I waited for God to help me, I stayed in His Word. I requested prayer from my church's email prayer list. I shared how I believed God was helping me with my Bible study group. Even though I was still experiencing panic, I spoke out in faith (sowed the seed of faith) and a year later, I was experiencing days of unspeakable joy. That year I knelt before God with praise and a new ministry--facilitating Bible studies at my church. My point is not to boast about what I did but to boast about how faithful God is to His Word and to His children. I sowed in tears, but one day my season of weeping changed to a season of joy I could never have imagined. You may be in a weeping season right now, but don't just weep--carry seeds of faith with you and sow them when given the opportunity. I used to say, "I still have panic attacks, but I know God has a plan for me; a plan to prosper me and not to harm me; a plan of hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

Do you have any prayer requests today? If so, please feel free to leave a prayer request in a comment, and all of us who read it will lift up your request to God. It is such a privilege and a blessing to pray for others, and it is one way you can sow the seeds of faith. You may want to leave an annonymous request instead of signing in--that's perfectly okay.

God is able to take care of our needs.

"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." Jeremiah 32:17

"All things are possible with God." Mark 10:27

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16

The Bible tells us to offer up prayers in faith. (James 5:15) We can depend on God to help us and heal us. Sometimes His help and healing comes in a different manner than we desire or His timetable is different from our own, but His help and healing does come. I have had many prayers answered within a week, I have had many prayers answered after many months, and I still have prayers that are going to be answered. I have learned that God is all-wise and a loving, faithful Father who knows what we need and exactly when we need it. Our job is to pray and to live by faith that what we have prayed for we will receive--or we will receive something better. This is the faith that pleases God.

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6 (NIV) Continue seeking God while you wait for His answer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a prayer request. My husband has been out of work for 2 years. His unemployment has just run out.

My prayer request is that we will rely on God and not ourselves. He is the ONE who takes care of us..not jobs or money.

I want to trust HIM alone.

Joni said...

Father, we lift up this prayer request to you in humility and in faith. We believe you have the power to meet all our needs. Provide for these loved ones, Lord, as they seek to lean on you and rely on you. We thank you for what you are going to do for them, and we give You the glory in advance. In the mighty Name of Jesus, we pray. Amen!

Joni said...

I just found out my neighbor's husband passed away. He had a blood disease and his health had been declining. Please be in prayer for this sweet family. He was 50 years old. Thank you, prayer warriors!

Jill said...

Thank you so much for this Joni,
i would greatly appreciate prayer, as i am going through the same battle you have already overcome...panic and depression.
since having my 2nd baby this past february, the battle has been the most intense ever, where there have been days i literally wish i could die instead of face another day of this battle. it's been 5 months and i have some good days, and then some really bad, and then i fall into despair again and dont know what else to do. i am scared of medications, so that isn't an option for me, yet i am scared of not fully breaking free from this!
i know the enemy is loving what i have been going throuh, but i have to believe God is going to free me fully one day, and i will be free indeed..but boy some days its hard to believe that with all my heart!

thank you for your blog, and for your prayers,
love you
Jill

Joni said...

Dear Lord Jesus,
We give you praise because You are stronger than anything or anyone we have to face. All power, all authority has been given to You so we can be encouraged when we are in despair or feeling overwhelmed. Help Jill see You exalted and greater than her fears and problems. Give her the strength to lift up her shield of faith once more and fully trust in Your power, Your Spirit at work in her. Let Your Word be her refuge and Your Presence be her comfort. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen!

Gale said...

I've been struggling with severe anxiety for over a year. Lots of ups and sowns but experiencing much anxiety the past few days. I have jury duty tomorrow, and I'm really anxious about it. Please pray for God's supernatural peace to come over me. I've been losing sleep. Thank you, and thank you for your blog!

Joni said...

Dear Father, we pray for Gale. Help her to rest in the Truth of your Word--You make us to lie down in green pastures; You lead us beside still waters; You restore our souls. Like a trusting lamb, Father, help her to be led into the peace of Your pastures by relying on Your faithful promises. Help her to remember that You will be with her wherever she goes--even into courtrooms and jury panels. You are her refuge and her fortress, and we thank you for your great love and watch-care over her. In the precious Name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.