Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rested and Rejuvenated!

Yesterday I did nothing....absolutely nothing. No shredding of my parents' old bills, no sorting and making new file folders, no answering email, no web-surfing, no cooking (we ate left-overs), no problem-solving, no housework (except I did steam mop my floors), no going anywhere, no watching network news--no tv at all, actually. I caught up on my Read-the-Bible-Through-In-A-Year plan--I was two days behind (and am still proud of myself for sticking with it this long), spent time with my husband, played with my dogs, sat outside on the patio (with a fan going because of the 95 degree Texas heat!), watched the clouds in the sky, meditated on some of my favorite Scriptures, and kept my thoughts on God's love for me and His ability to enable me to do more than I can do on my own.

Later, I worked on my personal Bible study I'm doing--Kelly Minter's Ruth: loss, love & legacy. I couldn't believe it when there, right in the middle of the lesson, she started talking about her mother who spent three years of her life taking care of her elderly parents. Kelly tied it in with Isaiah 58:6-12 which speaks of God's blessing when we take care of our own flesh and blood. I had to jump up and get Kleenex.

I love it when God proves to me He knows what I am going through. God knows our hearts. He knows our fears. He knows our deepest needs. And if we'll let Him, He will bind up our hearts, soothe our fears, and meet the deepest longings of our souls. He never intended for us to do life without Him. I know I can't do it. Been there, done that, crashed, and burned. But praise God, I had a Savior to breathe new life into me. Once again, thank you, sweet Jesus. You are my treasure.

1 comment:

Yours Truly said...

Sounds like a perfect day.