Monday, September 6, 2010

Oh, How I Love Jesus!

I asked the Lord to make Himself known to me today--I needed to know He was still with me, and He certainly has done that. After a weekend of sickness and low energy and feeling just down about myself, my spirit has been energized and my thoughts have been most wonderful today! Don't ever think He doesn't care about the way you feel about yourself or about others. He cares! He is such a great and loving God! Today He has answered my prayer. There is no other way I can explain it. I feel assured of His love for me.

This morning I read some Scriptures in Hebrews and came across this: "Both the One who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers." (Hebrews 2:11 New International Version) My eyes landed on "not ashamed to call them brothers". Jesus is not ashamed of me. Even when I blow it. Even when I repeat a sin--making all manner of excuse to justify my actions--after I've been convicted by His Spirit and confessed and asked for forgiveness yet again, He is still not ashamed to call me His own. It is hard for me to fathom. Even I can get so disgusted and disappointed in myself that I can convince myself He must feel the same. He doesn't!! He loves us! He may discipline us until we turn and confess and repent, but once we do, He forgives.

I came across these words this morning, too--"may your love and your truth always protect me." (Psalm 40:11 New International Version) I so got that this morning. Without His love and His Truth--the Truth that sets me free--I am unprotected and vulnerable. I can get locked into negative thoughts and convincing lies. I praise you, Lord, this afternoon, for you have set me free once more from my condemning thoughts and made me feel secure in You!


Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 Biblica. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.

No comments: