Thursday, September 23, 2010

Spiritually Revived

There is nothing like the feeling of being spiritually revived--the feelings of love, joy, peace, and gratitude that come from praying to God for help and hope and reading the Bible for guidance and direction. God is so good! How I love His Word and the fact that He is the God of not just second chances, but numerous chances. I screw up so many times, but He is compassionate and forgiving. I seem to have to relearn some lessons over and over, but He is patient with us. “He knows how we are formed. He remembers that we are dust.” (Ps. 103:14, New International Version)

The Great I AM stoops down and lifts His children out of the pit (usually mine is one I’ve made for myself), and sets our feet on a Rock where we can stand. (Ps. 40:1-4) Not in shame, but in love, adoration, and gratitude for His compassion, mercy, everlasting love, and power. That He chose to put His power in those of us who believe in Jesus is mind-boggling. “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.” (2 Corinthians 4:7, New International Version) There is a world of difference between living in my own power and living in God’s—as I have seen these past few weeks. I’ve been reminded tonight that I have all I could ever need as long as I abide in Him. Praise His Name Forever!!!

May "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." (Numbers 6:24-26, New International Version)


Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 Biblica. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved

No comments: