Saturday, November 27, 2010

November 27, 2010

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I was grateful to be able to share this Thanksgiving with my sister and her family and my parents. My husband and children and I had our Thanksgiving dinner early (last Sunday after church) since my children could not be with us on the actual day. My parents came, too. So I guess you could say my husband, parents, and I had two Thanksgivings this year. :)

God is continuing to use Psalm 24 to speak to my heart. After reading in John 1 this morning, I memorized the last few verses of Psalm 24. Now I can say it all from memory. After finishing reciting it, an old hymn we used to sing in church came to my mind, but I could not remember all of it. I dug out my Hymnal and looked it up. It was Come Thou, Almighty King (#247 in my book). And underneath the title was the Scripture reference for the song. Guess what the reference was? Psalm 24, verse 10. I couldn't believe it! I knew that God was letting me know He approved of my memory work. It touched my heart so that tears came to my eyes. God is so good to me. I sang the whole "hymn" to Him. I love His surprises that let me know I am not alone--that He is with me. He sees. He hears. He knows. He loves. He cares. I hope you take time to share your heart with Him today and to spend time in His Word. His Word will keep you anchored to His side. His Word will keep His love for you in your heart and mind. You need Him and I need Him more than anything else in this world.

No comments: