Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Psalm 24:1-2

Note: God is amazing! I was looking for a new telephone/address book this evening, and almost bought one at http://www.dayrunner.com/. At the last minute, I remembered Dayspring and checked there. Found an address book with Psalm 24:1 on the front.  Plus it was on sale! I so love the Lord when He makes Himself known like that! There are no coincidences in the Christian life! God knows and He watches over His own. (9:26 pm)

Psalm 24:1-2 (NIV)

The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for He founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters.

I cannot tell you all that these verses speak to me. Knowing I belong to the LORD is my safety, security, assurance, and peace. I feel proud of my Savior today because He alone was strong enough to pull me out of darkness. His love and His words wooed me from the edge of the cliff of death. He lifted my thoughts from suicide and hopelessness to hope in the Lord and in His power to rescue me, to help me, to change me. The power of His Word began changing my thoughts at that first moment of realization that He loved me and was with me. That power continues to change me as He reveals Himself to me through His Word and in prayer. I give Jesus praise today for His continuing love, help, and presence in my life. Because of Him, my life is worth living.

Who would’ve believed that an almighty God would stoop down and care about someone who only knew Him from a distance and who still harbored confusion about Him in her heart? Someone so weak—physically, mentally, emotionally--that she could not even leave her bedroom. Someone who needed the power of the Holy Spirit filling her innermost being but who never even knew He was already there. I give praise today to my heavenly Father, His Son Jesus, and my Counselor, the Holy Spirit. I am cared for, watched over. I am accepted and loved. I am a child of God and a co-heir with Jesus, as are all who love Him.

“And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever—the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you.” (John 14:16-17) “On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” (John 14: 20; 21b)

Praise God that He has not left us to deal with life’s problems, dangers, and uncertainties in our own strength and wisdom. I proved to myself back in 2003 that I am no match for the world. But I have a Savior, and in Him I have everything I need for life and godliness because He has overcome the world! (2 Peter 1:3-4; John 16:33)

No comments: