Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hope for 2011

Romans 5:5 (New International Version)

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.

The believer’s hope is not to be equated with unfounded optimism. On the contrary, it is the blessed assurance of our future destiny and is based on God’s love which is revealed to us by the Holy Spirit and demonstrated by the death of Christ. (The NIV Large Print Study Bible, 10th Anniversary Edition, 1995, Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, MI 49530)

I am leaning on and trusting in my Lord this coming year. I have some unanswered prayers, and I am determined to stay hopeful. My hope is in His great love for me and my loved ones and in His faithfulness. I hope in His present plans for us and in His future plans. I hope in His Word that proclaims His promises to us in the midst of problems and sufferings. My hope is in God, my Savior, and He says that hope does not disappoint. 

No comments: