Monday, January 3, 2011

Theme Verses for 2011

I’ve been thinking about a Bible verse that can be the theme for my life for the New Year of 2011. I got this idea from Beth Moore's blog.  I prayed about it and cannot decide between two, so I am choosing two verses. One I keep coming back to is Nehemiah 8:10—“The joy of the LORD is your strength.” This verse reinforces what I need to remember when I feel lost, frightened, or helpless. When I think about the Lord and all He has done for me, how He proved His Presence in my life during times of great need and how I felt guided by Him when I began trusting Him and stepped out of the boat and onto the waves of my stormy seas, I am reminded of how much He loved me and still loves me and joy fills my heart. This deep-seated joy truly does strengthen me so that I feel refreshed and able to go on.


The second verse is Psalm 62:1: “My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.” I have proven to myself over and over that when I am anxious or upset or feeling overwhelmed, spending some time with the Lord in His Word quiets and restores me so that everything else falls into proper focus. I’m more loving, more giving, happier, more peaceful and more focused after having spent time with Him.
2010 has proved to me that I'm still learning what it means to be "redeemed and summoned by name" (Isaiah 43:1) and to take up my cross and follow Jesus. I'm still a work-in-progress and will be until He calls me Home. How grateful I am to my God. He is faithful, and when I turn to Him and stand on His Word, either circumstances change or I change for the better. He is my soul’s resting place and the Joy of my life! I pray He makes His Presence known in my life and yours throughout 2011.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Those are really great verses!

What a wonderful idea as well.

Thanks for your blog.

Sheryl