Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 29, 2011

Hello, everyone. God has been teaching me these past few weeks that if I want to survive the extra stress and workload that's been added to my life, I am going to have to fix my eyes on Jesus. Only Jesus can change my heart--my attitudes and perceptions. That's only one of the many reasons that He alone is my fortress and my Helper. I've been praying while fixing the meals, and so far my parents have enjoyed what I have cooked. My mother has gained 3 lbs! Hallelujah! And her energy level is returning. So is my dad's. He is a borderline diabetic, so I have to take that into consideration as well.  

I've been thinking about Jesus alot lately, and how He handled caring for the needs of so many others while here on earth. I think He knows it's hard for us, and I am so grateful He is ready, willing, and able to help us as we ask Him. He takes our burdens as we give them to Him and then we take His yoke upon us to learn of Him as we walk with Him. He frees us from the heaviness and darkness of life so that we may live in the freedom of our knowledge of Him--in the freedom of His love, light, and Spirit.. "Blessed are the poor in spirit...Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness...." Strengthen us, Lord. Fill us up, Lord Jesus, with Your Spirit. Quiet our anxieties and inner doubts. Encourage us and help us so that we can do what we cannot do on our own. And we will give you all the glory. In Jesus' Name--the Name above all names. Amen.

No comments: