Thursday, April 7, 2011

Last Week of Bible Study this Semester

Since January, I've been facilitating Beth Moore's Bible study, David: Seeking a Heart Like His. These past 10 weeks of Bible study have seemed to have flown by. Next Tuesday will be our last session at my church. I always hate to see a Bible study end because I so enjoy talking about God's Word with other women. I already have a personal Bible study lined up, though, to do in the interim before my church's summer Bible study begins. It's Elizabeth George's Loving God With all Your Mind. I read her book a year or so ago, and I cannot wait to get the dvds and do the Bible study. You can find them at http://www.christianbook.com/ . But I digress....

In David: Seeking a Heart Like His, I have come across some really great psalms and Scripture passages. 2 Samuel 22 and Psalm 18 are just two. How I wish I could retain everything I learn about God. I know that His Word takes root in my heart and in my soul, but I would love to be able to recall everything I read. I want my mind wallpapered with God's Word so that I will do what is good and right and pleasing in my Heavenly Father's sight. I long to please Him, to keep my eyes and my heart fastened to Him so that I will love Him better than life. I know that only His Spirit can keep me safe from fear and anxiety. He alone is my Rock and my Salvation; my Fortress and my Deliverer; my Strength and my Shield; my Sovereign Lord who makes order out of the chaos that surrounds me.

Psalm 18:1-3: I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.



"

No comments: