Friday, April 1, 2011

Praying God's Word

 I just finished praying one of the set of Praying God's Word prayer cards on my ipod this morning, and I am filled with the knowledge that our God is strong and loving and for us! My favorite one of the cards is below.


‎"Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him. You come to the help of those who gladly do right, who remember your ways." (Is. 64:4-5) O LORD, please empower me to live obediently through Your Holy Spirit so that You are fully released to act in my behalf. Do more than I can see, hear, or even imagine, Lord Jesus! (Beth Moore, Praying God's Word)

I believe the reason I love these cards so much is that it enables me to interact with God's Word, to apply It to my situation. It helps to have the prayer already written because sometimes I am at a loss as to how to apply a specific verse. I know the more I practice this praying God's Word the more I will be able to voice or write my own personal prayers to God--even when my mind feels scattered over what's happening in my life.

No comments: