Saturday, May 21, 2011

God's Promises

"God's promises are like the stars; the darker the night the brighter they shine." (Rev. David Nicholas)

I am leaning heavily on the Lord and His promises. He is so faithful to me. I sing worship songs to Him when I first open my eyes because as soon as my eyes open, I feel that old vibrating feeling inside me. I've been under stress for so long that my body is responding in kind. I got up this morning after singing to my Lord and praying to Him for a few minutes, and took my blood pressure. 133/84, pulse 90. I took .25mg of xanax, along with my thyroid, estrogen, and blood pressure medicine and laid back down to pray some more. I was reminded it is in my weakness that I can more powerfully sense His strength. It is when I am poor in spirit that I can sense Him filling me with His. I told Him this morning that I was thankful that I was weak so that I could have this blessing of being helped by Him. My weakness compels me to focus on Jesus--my need of Him allows no distraction. He is where my refuge and my shelter lies. Eating more cookies won't do it, staying up late and watching old movies won't do it, reading self-help books won't do it, spending more time on the Web won't do it.  It's Jesus and Jesus alone who strengthens me. Without Him, I will not make it--caring for my parents and my own responsibilities requires more strength than I have. I love His promise, "Come to me, all ye who are burdened and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." He is my rest, my peace, my strength, my joy. He enables me to begin anew each day in Him. He is the cleft of the Rock that hides me and protects me from falling apart at the seams. "You will keep in perfect peace Him whose mind is stayed on You because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal." Is. 26:3-4 That's a promise I can rely on. Praise you, Lord!

No comments: