Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday, July 18

God is still speaking to my heart through Jeremiah 31:3-4 "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with lovingkindness. I will build you up again." (NIV)

I'm wondering if any of you are like me--one time I will read Scripture and agree wholeheartedly with it, and the next time I struggle to believe what it says. This usually happens when I feel drained, in despair, overburdened, anxious, or overwhelmed. Feelings come and go, don't they? But God's Word remains true no matter how our feelings fluctuate. I'm so glad of that. The truth and power of His Word doesn't change one iota whether we choose to believe it or not. It is still just as living and active and powerful today as it was yesterday. Powerful enough to pull down strongholds according to 2 Corin. 10:4. I've had some strongholds pulled down since I began praying Scripture. Perfectionism and insecurity are two that I have to continually fight against given my personality and low self-esteem. Tonight I read Jeremiah 31:3-4 and I thanked God for His everlasting love and for drawing me to Him with His lovingkindness. I also prayed for God to build me up again. I know His Word says He will, but I felt I needed to pray that He would. It helps me remember I'm on His team when I pray what He wants for me back to Him.

I hope these verses encourage someone else this evening. God is great, isn't He? He gives us what we need just when we need it. He is the great Provider--all we need to do is ask and then look for His provision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me that feelings come and go. Right now, I feel overwrought with anxiety, worry, despair, thoughts. It's so true though, they come and go. But God's word remains true and is a constant. Thanks for this post.