Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Refreshed

My dear blogger buddies,

Just wanted you to know that God has been good to me. I have been desperately seeking Him in His Word and in prayer and personal Bible study, and I am coming back to life. I say "am coming" because I am not fully there yet. But I feel like this desert in my heart is being watered. Shower by shower, I know it will soon become the oasis God means it to be. He is the Source of our Living Water, the Fountain of Life. Isaiah 40 and (as God would have it) Psalm 40 have been speaking to me. This morning the Lord reminded me of how He "lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire" of panic and depression and intense anxiety. How He "set my feet on a Rock and gave me a firm place to stand." A spacious place so that I was no longer isolated by my fears. I was able to attend church again and family gatherings. "He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."

I'd forgotten that hymn of praise, that freedom song Jesus taught me back in 2005. Over the last year or so, I had let hard circumstances and difficulties drown out the melody. This morning I've remembered it...my new song, given to me by God to sing out loud to the Enemy of my soul--God is real. Jesus is real. God's Word is True. I am loved. I am forgiven. I am saved. I am not alone.

"For God has said, 'Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid." (Hebrews 13:5-6)

No comments: