Monday, August 22, 2011

Update

Mother came home last Wednesday and is doing so much better now that she is home. She is recovering and we are grateful to God for that. She still has short term memory loss that her neurologist says will come back with time. Maybe a year or so, but it will come back. Thursday I took both parents to the doctor. Mother did fine, but they discovered Daddy was in atrial fibrillation. He fell in the kitchen this morning but is okay--thank you, Lord! I took him to the cardiologist this afternoon for a 24 hour heart monitor. Will return it tomorrow and then wait for results.

God has been such a refuge and a Source of strength for me during all of this. He is just amazing. Every time I focus on His Word that tells me of His love for me, that He is with me and will help me, and every time He answers a prayer--even one that is not as faith-filled as I would like it to be, my heart just fills with gratitude and love for Him. I don't know where I'd be right now without Jesus to lean on and to tell all my troubles to. He tells us in His Word to "cast all our burdens on the Lord and He will sustain you," and to "cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you" and when I obey and just give it all to Him--opening my hands and giving Him control of my circumstances--I feel such a release.

Our God is trustworthy!

No comments: