Thursday, September 29, 2011

Believing God Study

This week's Believing God memory verse: By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. Hebrews 11:3, NIV. If you think about this verse and meditate on it for a few days like I did so I could memorize it, you can't help but fall to your knees. Our God is the God who calls things that are not as though they were. (Ro. 4:17) Our God "speaks" and it happens. Ps. 24 says, "Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty; the LORD mighty in battle...the LORD God Almighty, He is the King of glory!

So where there is no peace, we can pray and ask God to create peace for us. We can pray Scriptures back to God, and His Word which is living and active, can transform our minds and hearts, and if He so desires--our circumstances, although He may decide to mold and shape me so that I can withstand my circumstances. Either way, I win! Fear takes a backseat to God's Word spoken in faith!

2 comments:

Higher Ground said...

Thank you so much for your post today and for sharing your story. I found your blog as others have, by googling "Bible verses for anxiety" in the middle of the night. I have known the Lord for many years but this year has been one of enormous change. I have never experienced anxiety like this before. Your blog has turned my attention back to God's face. I'm so grateful. I was saddned to read of your mother's passing. I hope all goes smoothly in this time of grief and adjustment.

Joni said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. :) May God reveal Himself and His power in your life as you earnestly seek Him. (Ps. 9:9-10)