Saturday, October 29, 2011

Believing God, Week 6

I have really enjoyed facilitating Beth Moore's Believing God Bible study at my church this fall. We have 13 ladies attending our morning class. It's been seven years since I first completed Believing God. I was still experiencing panic attacks, but I remember that during the first three weeks of the Bible study. I didn't have one. That was a record for me. Two weeks was the longest I had ever gone without an attack. Delving into God's Word every day and interacting with it, applying it to my circumstances, brought peace back into my life. I didn't stop having panic attacks for good until 2006--and I believe I only had one or two that year, but there were longer and longer periods between the attacks. I got a taste of what it was like to have God's peace, and I continued doing Beth Moore Bible studies for that reason. I felt close to God and I learned more about Him and how to cooperate with Him.

I know the panic attacks finally stopped because I had begun praying to God out loud using Scripture and because I had learned Who God was and who I was in Christ. God's Word renewed my mind and speaking it out loud infused me with faith and with the reality of God's love for me. When you are full of faith and God's love, you can't be full of fear. As God's Word says, "Perfect love casts out fear." (1 John 4:18) Meditating on God's unconditional love for you brings confidence, peace, and joy. The gospel of Jesus is "good news"! God loves us. In Christ Jesus we are accepted, adopted, blessed, chosen, forgiven, loved, redeemed, and sealed. (Ephesians 1) Romans 8:31 tells us, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" It's time to take God at His Word. His love is unfailing.

Verses below in NIV:

Psalm 6:4 Turn, LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.

Psalm 13:5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation

Psalm 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, LORD, supported me.

No comments: