Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Last Day of Beliving God Bible Study

Today was our last day for Believing God. What a wonderful study this has been. It was my third time to do it, the last time being in 2006, and I enjoyed it just as much, if not more this time around. I seemed to grasp more of the biblical principles we studied. I wanted to share some of what Beth said during the video session. She gave us a few facts to help us keep believing God (living by faith in God) for the rest of our days: "Faith always receives. We will receive at least the following results: the pleasure of God (Heb. 11:6); the power of God (Eph. 1:18-20), the glory of God (John 11:38-40)."

I encourage you to look up those verses. And while you're at it, read Ephesians 1. If you want to know who you are in Christ, these verses will tell you. You are accepted, adopted, blessed, chosen, forgiven, deeply loved, redeemed, and sealed by the Holy Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if you've accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior and the Lord of your life, you have received the Holy Spirit. How do I know? Because God promised Him to everyone who believes in Jesus. Read John chapters 14 through 16 and see how much you are loved.

God is for us. He equips us to live for Him in power. Once we turn over our lives to Him, we can trust Him to be with us and help us. And when things don't turn out the way we want them to, we know that it's because we've asked amiss, or God has something even greater in mind. When we surrender our hearts and our wills to God, we enter a win/win situation. Jesus has overcome. We will overcome if we cling to Him. Having panic attacks or anxiety attacks does not mean you have not overcome. If you are still holding on to your faith, if you are still praying and believing God for His help, mercy, and grace, then you are an overcomer. The Enemy is after your faith. Don't let him have it. Be patient and wait on the Lord. Draw near to Him and He promises He will draw near to you.

Praise Him and worship Him every day. Keep having your quiet time with Him. Examine yourself for any sins. Confess them, repent, and ask for forgiveness. Make sure you are not cherishing any known sin or harboring unforgiveness toward someone in your heart. If you are angry with God, you can tell Him respectfully and ask Him to help you release your anger. God wants you to give Him your whole heart. He will purify it and mold it into something beautiful so that you reflect His grace, mercy, peace, and love. You'll be united in Spirit and you'll experience joy in the Lord. There's nothing like sensing His presence in you enabling you to do what you know you could not possibly do on your own. Life becomes an adventure and when it's over, as Beth would say: "You will have really lived!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragment Joni! I am about ready to give up some days dealing with this anxiety. Thanks for helping me to see I am an overcomer even though I'm still dealing with this.

Joni said...

Yes, you are an overcomer. :) Something I used to quote often was Micah 7:8--Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light. (NIV) I was determined not to let the enemy get any glory from my attacks. Keep believing God, keep praying Scripture over your fear and anxieties, keep your daily quiet time with God, and wait for Him to show Himself mighty on your behalf. You are His child. He will fight for you.