Thursday, December 29, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a blessed Christmas! My children and daughter-in-love went with me to the Christmas Eve Vesper Service at my church. It was not as packed as usual because rain was coming down hard and it was cold, but the weather just made it that much cozier in the sanctuary. I love going to the Christmas Eve service because it gives me a chance to sing to the Lord with family, friends, and other believers. For me, it's a way of keeping my mind centered on Christ at Christmas.

Years ago I discovered that life is all about knowing and believing God--no matter what you're going through, no matter where you find yourself on your life's journey. It's all about God drawing us closer and closer to Himself through our circumstances, and it's all about responding to Him in honesty and humility. He will sustain us through our trials if we will cry out to Him and wait patiently, staying in fellowship with Him by reading His Word, meditating on His Word,  praying and letting Him tend to our needs. Everyone has deep needs that only our Father can meet. Sometimes it takes difficult circumstances to bring those needs to the surface where we look them in the eye. Then we can bring them to God and ask for Him to provide for those needs.

I hope we all take this one thought with us into 2012--that according to Jesus, eternal life is knowing the One True God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent(see John 17:3). If you don't know Jesus Christ as your Savior, please go to this link.

No comments: