Monday, January 30, 2012

Praising God for Daddy's Recovery And My Own

Daddy has really been doing great this past week. My sister and I agreed that after Saturday night, he could stay by himself again. He is strong again thanks to God's faithfulness and the physical therapist that comes 3 times a week. My sister took over staying with him Friday night and Saturday night so my husband and I could rest. The changes in my thyroid levels keep me tired and more stressed than usual.

This morning I woke up after a fitful night's sleep, and the old vibrating in my veins began. It was not very strong, but strong enough for me to begin praying. I ignored the anxious feelings and concentrated on God's Word. And after praying and meditating on the verses that came to my mind as I sought help, the vibrating left! Praise you, Lord! Of course, the whole time I'm praying a part of me is thinking, "This isn't working. I still feel the anxiety," but I pushed those thoughts away and kept praying and leaning on God and His truth. God's Word is Truth. The verses I prayed this morning: "For God has said, 'Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence, the Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?", "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Let not your heart be troubled and do not be afraid." "In this world you will have trouble, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." "We are more than overcomers in Christ Jesus."

God's Word is our Sword of the Spirit. It is powerful to the pulling down of strongholds (according to Paul in 1 Corin. 10). God pulled down the stronghold of fear for me this morning! Hallelujah! Our God saves!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Hi Joni, I"ve written in the past, and was just checking in to see how you're doing. I actually just wrote a note to you but I don't know if it will go thru due to signin problems. This is kind of new to me. I too, have recently been feeling my anxiety lurking in the perifery. My 36 yr old daughter, whom I live with, has commented to me just recently that she has been waking up in the might with feeling of great dread and doom, and feeling hot. I've been worried about her, and also my med this month was from a different manufacturer, and I definitly feel a difference. I think she and I should also get our thyroid levels checked. Sorry to hear that live is so chaotic for you right now. I know how difficult it is to care for a family, and a parent. This is what precipiated my attacks, having moved in with my elderly parents to care for them before they passed. Try to rest, keep close to the Lord, and I will lift up prayers for you. Lovingly, Betty

Joni said...

Thank you so much, Betty! Your words are an encouragement to me. With God's help, we will endure and become stronger in His Spirit!