Monday, February 20, 2012

Prayer Requests

I thought I'd open up the blog for prayer requests. If you have a prayer request, please leave it in the comment section. You don't have to give specifics--like naming names or the details of what's going on with your life. Share only what is comfortable for you. You can even leave "unspoken" in the comment...God knows what you're referring to. I'm asking everyone who follows this blog to pray for these requests as well. God's Word tells us the prayers of the righteous are effective, and we are righteous in the eyes of God if we have accepted Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord. Paul tells us in the 4th chapter of Romans that our faith is credited as righteousness. So our prayers for each other will go up as incense to our Father in heaven. (Rev. 5:8;8:3-4)

6 comments:

Manda said...

I have a prayer request. My friend sent me a link to your blog because I'm dealing with anxiety issues. I've been diagnosed with panic and anxiety disorder, supposed to be on meds, have been to counseling. I feel like the anxiety controls my life. Could you please pray for me?

Joni said...

Hi, Manda! Yes, we will pray for you! I have been right where you are, as have others here. There is hope. God is trustworthy! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope it's not too late to send a request? Please pray feor me. Thank you.

Joni said...

Not at all. We will pray for you.

I'm also asking for prayer for myself. That God will help me learn how to set boundaries so that I don't overextend myself. Sometimes I feel bad about needing time to myself because others have needs that seem more important than mine. But the truth is, my needs are important, too, and if ignored the feelings of anger, resentment, anxiety begin to rise up. I need to have balance.

Summer said...

Thank you so much for taking time to make this website. It is such a blessing to me. Please add me to your prayer list. I am pregnant and since I found out about it, I have been having about 1 panic attack a week, but last week I had a doctors appointment with bad news, they said I am going to miscarry. Ever since then, I started having panic attacks almost every day. I have so much fear inside and I want to replace it with God's peace and love. I have been writing scriptures on cards and reading them often. I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was young and He has always taken care of me. I don't know why I cannot seem to trust Him now. Thank you again for making this website.

Joni Woodward said...

Prayed for you, Summer. God is trustworthy. Keep reading and meditating on His Word. Scripture is powerful because it is Truth and Life to us who believe.