Friday, April 13, 2012

Each Passing Day

Each passing day I am being reminded of how much I need to set aside time for the Lord. Not just in the mornings before the day begins but also as I go about my day. Sometimes it is just not possible to take frequent breaks from the busyness, but at least once I try to get away, go outside and look up at the sky, and talk to God. Inbetween times, I pray in my mind. I want to keep a God-consciousness throughout my day. Did I say "want" to? I meant to say "have" to. If I don't keep reminding myself that God is with me and that He hears me and that He is in control, I begin to self-destruct.

Lately, my words have been "Help me, Lord. So many changes...so much to do...." I have never been a great multi-tasker. It wears on me when I have several balls to juggle in the air. I don't believe God wants us to live that way. I believe that's why Jesus says to us today to come to Him, to take His yoke upon us and learn of Him, because His "yoke is easy" and His "burden is light". When the opportunity arises to get away and get alone with Jesus, I need to take it. Maybe you feel the same way. I think it's a mind-set that we need to develop. Instead of looking at what we can do next, we can just get alone for a few minutes and refocus on Jesus--the Light and the Life of our existence--and, after praising Him for His goodness and blessings, ask Him what we should do next. Without Him, we can do nothing but flounder around and hope things come out all right. With Him, we can be confident that everything we say and do will be for His glory and for our good. How I want that!

2 comments:

Laura said...

So what I needed to hear today! I so love your blog and I can see your sweet heart by what you say thru it...May the LORD bless you.

Joni said...

And you, Laura! May we live to know Jesus in every facet of our lives. :)