Friday, April 6, 2012

My Daddy's Passing

My sweet Daddy went home to be with the Lord March 21...six months and 11 days after my dear mother passed on to be with Jesus. These past weeks I have had alot of issues to deal with, anxiety being one of them. But through it all, I have felt God's sustaining power. Isaiah 46:6 has been the Scripture that has helped the most throughout Daddy's illness and hospital stay, and I asked our preacher to include it in his message at the funeral, and he did. "Even to your old age and gray hairs, I am He. I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you." (NIV) He sustained my daddy and rescued him and He sustained me and held me together when I didn't think I could take much more. Great is His faithfulness.


Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 Biblica. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

Laura said...

praying for you and may the LORD wrap you up in his love.

In him,

Laura

Joni said...

Thank you so much, Laura. God bless you.

Unknown said...

Joni, praying for His peace and comfort for you...

Hugs,
Kris

Joni said...

Thank you, Kris. God's blessings on you today.