Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dog Tag



I bought a dog tag for my little Chihuahua that was small enough for her collar yet large enough to put my phone number on it in case she slipped away from me. The front of the tag says, "If I am out, I am lost". I chuckled at the irony and almost bought one for myself. If I ever go anywhere without my Master, my Lord, I am "lost"!

How grateful I am that Jesus came "to seek and to save that which was lost." (Luke 19:10, KJV) It is so easy to go astray in our sense of purpose and direction. Through our own poor choices and personal weaknesses, we wander from our heart's true home and become prime targets for the Enemy of our souls. Distractions, deception, selfish decisions, and disturbances in our lives can cause us to stray further from the Lord than we ever intended. But glory be to God because Jesus knows how to bring us home! He knows the way that we take. (Job 23:10)

We can trust Jesus to come and get us wherever we are, whatever condition we're in when we cry out to Him. It's as if all believers in Christ wear an invisible "tag" that says "I am yours. Save me." (Ps. 119:94) What about those who don't know Jesus? According to Luke 19:10, He seeks them as well. He does not want any to perish but all to come to know Him as Savior and Lord. What great love He has for us!

No comments: