Saturday, June 23, 2012

Test Results

After a battery of tests, most of which I passed, I have to go back to the cardiologist for a nuclear stress test. I failed the regular stress test on the treadmill. There was a small depression on the cardiogram at one point. The doctor said not to stress over it, but he wants to see what's going on--if it was just a glitch or if I may have some blockage. I would definitely appreciate your prayers. One really great piece of news is that the small amount of plaque that was found in one of my neck arteries two years ago is completely gone! Praise God! I have been walking on the treadmill at home 40 minutes three to four times a week (as often as I could) and have been watching my diet. And I've been praying, too. I know God has everything under control, and He has given me peace through all of this. God loves us so much, and He is faithful. Nothing gets to us without first being sifted through His fingers. Then what is allowed to happen in our lives will be to draw us nearer and nearer to Him, which is the very best place we can be; and it will all be for His glory if we hold onto our faith and continue to cling to, rely on, and confide in our Lord Jesus concerning everything.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." (Phil. 4:4-8, NIV)

Keeping my mind thinking "about such things" prevents the negative-thought-cycle from spinning and keeps me from sinking into worry or self-pity. We are loved by a gracious, merciful, wonderful Savior--that Great Shepherd of the sheep. The Lord Jesus Christ. He is worthy of all our praise!

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by Biblica, Inc.®Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments: