Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Favorite Scriptures this Week

I had to cut back the buspirone to 1/4 pill. It seems I may be sensitive to this medicine as well. I was up until 3:30 Sunday morning and 3:00 Monday morning. Not good. Also, I've been experiencing nausea, headache and dizziness. This morning, taking just 1/4 of the pill,  it was nausea and headache but no dizziness, so that's a good thing. I spent a few hours finishing the homework for the last week of the Bible study I'm facilitating. I have such peace right now. I love how the power of God's Word does that for me. I've been keeping my Scriptures close by to pray during the day. My favorites by far are Isaiah 26:3 and Isaiah 41:10. I love reading them in these two versions.

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!" Isa. 26:3 (NLT)

That's the key for me: to keep my thoughts fixed on the presence of Jesus with me.

"Do not fear, for I am with you;  do not be afraid, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand. Isa. 41:10 (HCSB)

I like the phrase, "I will hold on to you". With God holding on to me, I can face whatever I need to face. Who is more powerful than God? No one. No thing. And He is my helper.

Thank you, Lord!








 New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 by Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville Tennessee. All rights reserved.

No comments: